Monday, June 1, 2009

Workout Log

It is imperative and extremely important to obtain and use a good workout and even diet Log. When you are working out, running or training for whatever event you are participating in, a workout log is heaven.


Personally, I have been using http://www.fitday.com/ which is Free and logs my workouts and diet. With logs like this, you can go back and checkout your progress. For example, if you are training for a 5K and you are adding miles to your training, you can log your very first run and then look back 6 weeks later and see how much you have improved.

Last season, I kept a journal of all the spartan workouts, and times and results of all the challenges. Before we did a 300 or Spartan Challenge I would let people know what their previous time was so that they could try and beat their previous time. Personally, I use my log to make sure I am improving and set my PR (Personal Record) when i am running, biking, swimming and even rowing.

In addition, when lifting weights, you can add a small amount of additional weight from your previous workout. You do so many workouts that it is hard to remember every detail, and this is why I highly recommend some sort of Workout log.

No comments:

Post a Comment