Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Indoor training with Speed work

Today, the Tri workouts continue. This morning, I simulated a run-bike workout purposely fatiguiing myself so that when Tri time comes, I am ready.. Started the morning off with a 5 minute stretching session in the Sauna to get my mucsles ready. once I was loose, I got on the treadmill and set the speed at 6.7MPH at a 3% incline. The first 1/4 I increased my speed up to 7MPH on the turns, and 6.7 on the straigh away. On my third lap, I bumped up the straight away to 7 and 7.5 on the turn. Eventually on the last lap I went 8MPH-8.5MPH. I finished my first mile at 8:15.
Shortly after my warm up run, I jogged over to the bike and start pedaling. i went at a 8 resistance and shot for a goal of 7 miles in 19 minutes. Keeping the RPM's at over 110, I was able to finish my 7 miles in 19:29. Right after the ride, got back on the treadmill and again at a 3% incline ran a second mile.
By the time I got on the treadmill, my legs were shot (Good simulation) and had a tougher time running my last mile. With the resistance and the fact my legs were fatigued, I had a harder time, but was able to finish my second mile in about 9 minutes.
After my run-bike I got a good hip stretch and finished with session one..
At lunch I hope to get in a 800 Meter swim, and this PM, might get out for an afternoon ride.. But this will be a very very easy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment