Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tri Wednesday

Wednesdays tend to be my busiest and hardest workout days. This morning I kicked it off with indoor brick Training. I hit the treadmill for a 10 minute run with a 3% incline and running intervals. What I do on the treadmill is start at 6.3 MPH on the straightaway and then bump it up to 6.7 on the turns. I do this for the first lap (The treadmill at the gym has a track on the screen, if you dont have this, measure it by distance instead) and on the second lap, i bump the straightaway up to 6.5-6.9MPH. I do this for the first 2.5 laps. On the third lap, i go at a 6.7MPH speed do straightaway and on the turn I normally bump it up to about 7-7.2.. The last lap, i bump it up anywhere to 7.5-8.0MPH.
As soon as I am done with my run (normally about 8:30-9:05 mile) I jog over to the Stationary upright bike and ride for 20 minutes. I set the resistance at 8-9% and set a goal of 7 miles in 20 minutes. Currently I am doing about 7 miles in about 19:30.. Once I get down to 18:30 ish, I am going to bump up the resistance or try and hit the 8 mile marker in 20 minutes.
As soon as I am done with my 20 minutes, jog back over to the treadmill and do one mile again, but this time at a 2% incline, but I do start at a higher MPH. Today I started at 6.8MPH and went up to 9.0MPH for a 8:05 mile.
I have seen my speed improve on the road with the incline work I have been doing. I have been averaging mid to low 8 minute miles and am hoping to get to the 7 minute mark sometime.
AFter my cardio session, in an effort to build endurance I go over to the Chin up Rack and for two minutes I do one chin up and one prison push up. This gets to be quite tough, especially when you go more than 2 minutes. My goal is 5 minutes after my run and bike ride.
Today at lunch, I am capping off my Tri work with anywhere between 800-1200 meters..
Tonight after I get home, I am definitely going to get some stretching in, tomorrow is Weights and more running.. Friday is plyo's and cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment