Monday, July 20, 2009

BC Monday and weekend thoughts

Ladies, we are on today, and we will be meeting at the Battlefield (AKA the school). Today's workout (I promise) will be relatively easy, but a bit longer than normal. Expect about 45 minutes to an hour. We will be working on various exercises and will check out everyones stamina. Next week is going to be one month since we did our "Test" and i want to see where everyone is on their progress.
I have mentioned so many times how important diet is, and I truly saw the differnce in my own personal workout on Saturday. On Friday night the wife and I decided to go to a Mexican restaurant and altough I did not eat Horrible, I did enjoy a few much needed items. I ate the standard Mexican food items (Beans, Rice, Tortillas and of course Chips!) not to mention two frosty beers. I ate enough where I felt pleasant and felt happy with my two beers.
On Saturday, I had my long run and really felt the difference of not eating good. Normally i would have ate cleaner, leaner foods like vegetables with Chicken and tons of water, not beer. As I started my run on Saturday, I started off slower than normal and started cramping up and never really picked up the pace. Being that I ran 7 miles, it wold have been wise to have eaten better, but you live and learn. The point I am trying to make is that no matter how much you run, or how in shape you are or think you are, you need to eat good and fuel your body.
Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment