Monday, May 13, 2013

Rest Day

So looking forward to my Monday.  Today is my rest day, and I am really enjoying it and will the rest of the day.  Normally by Sundays I am completely drained from not only the workouts I do on weekends, but the family activities, and cooking my meals for the week.  This weekend was no different, and last night I was in bed before 10 which is extremely rare.
Normally on Rest days if possible, I like to get some sort of therapeutic recovery.  My recovery is mostly: Compression Socks, and pants, Epsom Salt Baths, Rolling out with the Foam Roller and The Stick, and massages.  I also like to get in the sauna or steam room to let my pours open up.
Recovery days are also my day of planning.  I normally plan my workouts and make sure my schedule will allow me to complete my weekly workouts and times.
One recovery exercise I enjoy is dipping my feet in an Ice/heat bath.  If your feet are tired and achy, set up two buckets, one with Ice cold water and one with Hot water.  Dip one foot in one, and the other foot in the other bucket.  Have your feet in the buckets for about 30 seconds each, and go for about 5 minutes. 
This is a nice therapeutic activity for your feet....

Tomorrow morning kicking it off with Crossfit, and at lunch time, doing some swimming speed work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment