Thursday, May 9, 2013

My new obsession with Crossfit

In my second week of putting my body through pain.  Recently i began training with my good friend Valerie Hunt, owner of Run ATX and Crossfit Fit and Fearless http://www.runatx.com/ and can say, I am hooked.
I have always done some sort of CF workouts, the workouts are short, sweet and intense.  Currently I am attending 3-4 classes per week and really think this is helping me with my Triathlon training.  Recently in Galveston, during my first half ironman on the run my legs felt a little shaky and could have used more speed.  Nevertheless, did well in the Ironman, but would have done much better had my legs been stronger and I could have run and pushed harder during the fun, half marathon.
Doing CF has been good for me because you are always working on high intensity, and your body gets used to high intensity, and that paired with my Tri training will only make me a faster runner. 
We have been doing all kinds of workouts from Deadlift, to toe to bar touches, kettlebells, push ups, and pull ups.  There are many more workouts in store and I am really looking forward to all the fun.
Will be documenting my progress.. The test will be at Lake Pflugerville which will be my next tri, and I am hoping to break the 1:20 mark which should be doable.  Especially with a better swim and run. 
The workouts continue, and looking for big improvements.  Now, time to put in work and make it happen.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment