Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Ride Continues

What a weekend of training, it was a well needed weekend that allowed me to get in some serious training. This past weekend I was able to concentrate on my weaker points, biking and swimming. Swimming is somethign that you tend to lose really quickly along with everything else. Two weeks ago, i was gased after 200M, and now I am back up to 800M swims. last year before the Tri I was getting up to 1200M at a good pace. Since I had not swam much, I really felt the pain of not swimming.
The biking I have been impressed with, my endurance, strenght and speed has gradually increased. I am knocking out hills a lot easier than last year. Hopefully I can get some good runs in this week.
This week I also begin a new weight routine for the next month. I am planning on getting out for a ride 2-3X per week with at least one long ride per week. Swimming will continue at 4-5 days per week. Most workouts are around 400-600M, with one long swim per week, probably going to be Fridays. The running I plan on running 3-4X per week and having speed work in between, 4-10 400X runs.
The weights, a key part of my training will continue to 3X per week.
Today, I have decided to take the day off, my body is aching and I have to listen to my body before I see a decrease in performance. So, today the keyword is REST REST REST!!!
Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment