Thursday, August 27, 2009

Running on an empty Gas..

This has been an extremely tough week for my own personal workouts. I feel as I am out of gas, and can not wait until my Day off. Days like tomorrow are key in my training. Without "rest" days, the body will not repair itself, and you will not grow or lose weight. I have seen that my body goes into defense mode and I do more harm than good when I dont take some time off.
Today, not only have I been super tired, but super hungry as well. Times like this, you need to listen to your body, and feed it fuel to help you repair and recover. Thanks goodness for Recovery drinks, and nutrition.
Tonight is a quick 3 mile run, and then a Day of REST REST REST...
Saturday is going to be a big day, I am heading out for a 13.1 mile run. This is the third time I have ever ran this much, and the miles will continue. I am ready for the challenge and the real challenge and mileage will begin now. Towards the end of my training, I am going to run 20 miles and then will taper off and get ready for the marathon. This again, will be a super huge accomplishment for myself.
In the meantime, the Spartanettes (now known as the 2 lonely wolves) had a super workout yesterday. Both Amy and Girlie pushed themselves and altough the workout was indoor, it was challenging for them both. Next week, the workouts are going to move to a controlled environment where they will be working out at the gym. The weight workouts are only a supplement to their 5K training. The 5K "Keep Austin Weird" is quickly approaching and I am excited to see them participate in such a cool event, and this is their first run. Good Spartanettes.
Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment