Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Rise of Spartanettes 3

Back again for Season 3 of Spartanette Training, and am looking forward to seeing everyone again. Monday will be a "Test" day to meausure everyone and see what their conditioning is looking like. We will be performing "The Test" AKA 300. The Test will be the first of three tests and of course the easiest. The goal is to decrease your time after 30 days of working out. The two days per week camp helps, but in order to truly maximize progress, Spartanettes need to make sure they are getting some cardio and weight training on their own at least two more days. A total of 4 days per week is ideal, and people truly see results. The single most important piece of the training is DIET. I can not stress enough how important Diet is. By working out and doing cardio you will definitely see improvement with your cardio and heart, but not on the scale. You can be a very fit (Cardiovascular) person, but not fit (Appearance) or scale wise. By eating the correct foods, it not only helps shed those unwanted pounds but also helps with Energy.
I have tested this method on myself by eating GREAT over the weekend and having GREAT workouts on Mondays. However when I break down and eat poorly and drink alchol, my workouts truly suffer. The cleaner I eat, the better I feel and the better workouts I have. Because I am currently training for a Half marathon and future Triathalons I have to rely greatly on carbs, and lean proteins. I have been following The Zone Diet and this tends to work for me. There are many diets out there, so following what works for you is the best thing to do.
Looking forward to Camp on Monday..

1 comment: