Monday, January 11, 2010

My long run, Indoor!

This weekend was my long run, a cool 11 miles and because it was so cool outside I decided to run indoor. I do run on a treadmill but normally not more than 5 miles, that is about max. This Saturday, i went a cool 11 miles inside and it was not too bad. When running indoor, I can better pace myself and add more of a tempo run than running outside.
I started my run at a 3% incline and 6.1MPH. Our treadmills are set up where you can see a picture of a track and so on the turns I normally increase the speed and then decrease on the straightaway. So.... as I started so slow, I felt sluggish and decided that on my very first turn I bumped up the speed to 7MPH and then back to 6.1. From there I changed the speeds and after my first mile I reduced the incline to 2.5% and gradually decreased the incline and increased the speed. Towards the end of the run I was at a 1.0% incline and alternating between 6.8MPH and 7.5MPH. At the end of the run I did my last 400M at a 9MPH-12MPH for the last 200Meters. Overall it was nice to run on the treadmill and best of all stay warmp.
Tonight, I am hitting the pavement for a cool and I do mean cool 5 Miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment