Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back in the saddle, 70%.

Feeling better and getting back in the gym. I have been eating clean, but for some reason the pounds are not coming off like I would expect and like. I finally got a chance to run in my new shoes and they are great. My new Brooks Launch sure make me feel fast. I ran a pretty decent 5K the other day at 25:33 and could have gone faster. Today at lunch, I tested my mile and came in at 7:16.. This was the easiest 7:16 I have ever ran. It also helps that I had no incline and I have been running at a 3% incline.


I am really looking forward to tomorrows workout, I plan on doing a cardio/endurance/strenght workout. I will be performing one minute reps super setting with one minute of jump rope. Each exercise will be for two sets or a non stop 4 minutes.. The workout will be:

Squats/JR (one minute each for two sets for all except Biceps and Triceps)

DB Chest Press/JR

KB Swing/JR

Pull up paired with Burpee/JR

DB Step ups/JR

Bicep curl paired with Dips only one set and then JR

At the end of the workout will be the high endurance portion of the workout, we will be getting on the rowing machine and will row 500 Meters in less than 2 minutes. This will really really get the heart pumping.

This saturday is going to be a long run, going for an 11 miler, got to get ready for the 3M..

No comments:

Post a Comment