Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bringing in the New Year!

What a year 2009 has been, there have been many ups and downs, but overall it was a great year. Hopefully 2010 will bring an even better year, the economy turns around and people find jobs and keep their homes. Hopefully 2010 will bring health and fitness to all.
2009 was a great year for me and my family, we are blessed to have a wonderful daughter and everyday we spend with kendall is another great day I cherish. Personally, I was able to complete all the Goals I set for myself. I completed a half marathon which was goal #1, a Tri Goal #2, and finally the biggest of them all, the SA Rock N Roll Full marathon. Completing all three was a true sense of acccomplishment. I proved to myself that I can accomplish anything, and I am thankful for the support I received at home and for my training partners.
Another HUGE accomplishment this year was getting my wife to start working out. I was able to get her to workout a few times a week, and best of all get her to start running. She was able to run her first 5K, completing the whole thing, and then the true challenge was the Turkey Trot where she ran 5 Miles, the most she has ever ran. She did such a great job, and I was very proud of her.
This year we raised money for March of Dimes at the 1st Annual Workout-A-Ton.. We partnered up with CrossFit, Yoga Groove, Gold's gym and many others to bring everyone together and raise money for a charity that is important to my family. We raised over 2K in 2009 and I hope to raise more in 2010.
We finished Spartan camp in May, after a wonderful 3 months, and after June I started the Spartanettes which was originally geared for woman who just had babies, but we ended up having a few more that had not had babies, but wanted to get fit. The Spartanettes have been a fun project and I hope to continue working with them in 2010.
My goals for 2010 are going to be: 1) Half Marathon, 2) Couple of Triathalons, 3) A Destination Marathon and have my wife either run a half marathon or her first Tri (The Danskin). I also hope to lean out and reach my weight goal. 2010's Goals have already started as my wife and I are dieting together and with each others support we will be able to accomplish whatever goals we set for ourselves. The main goal we have for 2010 is to get closer to our families, hopefully get pregnant and good health for all.. I am excitted about the future and cant wait to get started.
Onward

No comments:

Post a Comment