Monday, December 28, 2009

The latest challenge after the Holidays

Well, the Holidays are here and gone, and time to pick it up a bit or a lot. During the Holidays we went to many christmas Parties and gatherings and it was hard to say no to all the delicious food and drinks. It was pretty cold most of the time, so the idea of going outside for a run or a workout was thrown out the window.
Yesterday, I realized how quickly you get out of shape and gaine weight. I had a hard time running 2 miles, and this is after being able to run in a marathon. The time is now, once again to step it up and not only challenge myself again, but most importantly tweak my diet. When dieting the most important thing is self discipline but also having a good support system around you. I have decided to lose 12lbs before Jan 24, 2009 which is going to be my next run, the 3M half marathon. The weight may be more or less depending on how much weight I actually did gain. My goal is a rock solid 185Lbs by race day.
In order to accomplish my goal, my wife Girlie and myself will be dieting or actually changing our eating habits. She previously completed the Quick Weight loss diet and really did well and enjoyed it since this diet is eating functional foods and getting plenty of veggies, fruits, starches and lean proteins. Today is Day 1, and so far so good. Breakfast was tasty and look forward to my lunch, snacks and dinner.
As for the workouts, I will be continuing my running routine, following the Hal Higdon Intermediate Half Marathon training and will be lifting weights, riding and swimming. The best results I have seen was during my Tri training. By shocking my body, i was dropping Lbs quickly safely and effectively. Lets see what my results will be this time around. I am hoping to not only lose the weight but also set a PR at the 3M with a time under 2:00 Hours which is a pace of 9:08 and this for me is a stretch..

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment