Thursday, September 24, 2009

The long cold and dark Road



Halfway with Week 12 of my 18 week training for my First marathon.. The roads have been long and lonely lately. As my training progresses, the runs get longer, colder and lonlier. However, I am turning these runs into a positive as there is so much that goes on in my head as I am running. What do you think about for 2-3 hours while you are running, looking forward listening to the same music you have been listening to the last few weeks?

Lately I have turned the struggle of having to run into positives. First of all, I feel great after my run, but best of all I get to clear my head every single time. All the stress I am facing, fears or struggles seem to go away every time I am done. Yesterday, for example I kept thinking of my wife and baby girl, Kendall. I am so thankful for the abilities God has given me and the great family I am blessed with.

The road is long, and I have 6 more weeks to go, I am still in denial that I can and will be running 26 miles. Currently 16 is the most I have ran in my training and EVER. So, I welcome the challenge and let the training continue.


ONward

No comments:

Post a Comment