Saturday, May 22, 2010

Less than one month away, training underway.

My second Triathalon is less than one month away and for the next three weeks, my workouts are going to get pretty intense. I sit here at 5:30 Am on a Saturday, preparing my workout routine so that i can get my workout in, and spend time with my family.
Today's workout starts with 30 minutes of stretching followed by a 3 mile run outside. Once I am done with myrun, I will be making one of my world famous smoothies.. I plan on riding shortly after for about 20 miles. This should take me an hour and a half which is the time it will take me to complete my Tri.
The workouts I will be doing may not be all the Tri disciplines, but what I am going to concentrate on is making sure I am working out for the same or more time the Tri is going to take me to complete.
Hopefully, if there is time after my ride, I will be going to the local HS and will be doing Tire Flips along with Tire Jumps. Tire Flips consist of picking up and flipping a 150Lb tire up a hill. Then, after you flip the tire, you jump over and into the tire and out of the tire and then jog back around.
After flipping tires, I will be then jumping on to the tire which is about 36 inches high. To perform this, you jump as high as you can and lift your legs so that you can add height to your jump.
This should make for a nice morning workout... Possibly, later today, I would love to get in some pool time.. Tomorrow, I wil follow up today's workout with pool and biking.
Onward.

1 comment: