Thursday, December 2, 2010

1/3 of the way there.

I am closing in on week 7, and am almost there. The marathon training is going well, feeling a bit faster and the miles have started to increase. Only 11.5 weeks to go, and then its on. Before, Austin I have the 3M half-marathon.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to concentrate on swimming, biking and weights. My weights are down to about 1-2X per week, definitely need to step this up. The running has been consistent with the exception of Kobi's birth and being sick.
Moving forward, will be working on stretching and need to fine tune my routine and make sure I do not miss workouts.
As for diet and weight... the diet is up and down, and once I can get it down, i should start losing weight and increase my speed. Unfortunately for me, I have not been eating the best foods I could and so the weight has not quite gone down. I need to be at 185Lbs by race day, and I have been saying this for quite a while so this is a stretch.
The good side of this all is that I am feeling faster, but am losing mass so I have to choose my battles. Moving forward i will continue doing my High Intensity Training, will add a little swimming and 1X per week get on the bike. I have to truly want this and in order to achieve what I want, I have to want it more than anything else. Overall this will impact my life with my family and job. 1/3 of the way down, now its time to step up my game.
Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment