Saturday, January 31, 2009

Swim/Run Tri Training

Final few days of R&R before training begins again. Today I am beginning to work on two events for the Tri, Swimming and Running. I begun todays workout with a quick but comfortable 5K jog at a 9 minute pace. After my run I felt great, and so I went ahead and rested for about an hour and then hit the pool. I swam a total of 1000 meters at a faster than normal pace. I broke down the swimming in intervals of 250 Meters at a time. After each 250M's I rested for about 1 minute. Overall a good workout and tomorrow is Hot yoga again.
Today's workout:
5K Run 29 minutes
1000 Meter Swim 18 minutes

**Immediately after my swim I drank a Recovery Drink. It is important during this training that I recover quickly and efficiently. I am using Accelerade Recovery drink, it is a 4:1 carb to protein Ratio. Next week when the training starts again, I may drink it before and after my workout. During my longer workouts I will be drinking pre, during and Post workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment