Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Jan 24-Pre Race Day.

Today is going to be a relaxing day, I am going to get as much rest as I can for my big day tomorrow. Tomorrow is my Half Marathon and I am as ready as I am going to be. I hope to finish the run in 2:05 or less. Tonight is going to be carb nite in preparation for tomorrow.
This years training went pretty smooth, I had some great training partners and that helped me push myself more than last year. The best thing about this year is that my IT band has not been an issue as it was last year. I think yoga had a lot to do with this, and all the stretching I have done. My P90X training helped a lot since it has the best yoga I have done up to this day, and also the stretching videos have been great. In addition, I added lightweight squats to my routine and that helped tremendously.

On Monday, we begin the Spartan bootcamp again, and I will be posting workouts prior to the the days workout and after. I hope that this session will help others get motivated and start working out religiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment