Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back again, Goal Feb 20th 2011


My eyes are on the Austin Marathon Feb 20, 2011 and I am locked in. Yesterday was day one of my Marathon training and it was not easy. Never thought 3 miles would be tough and all I could do was wonder, how in the world am I going to be able to finsih 26.2 miles. I still remember the pain and agony I went through last year in SA. The feeling of wanting to quit, the fact that I walked for a while, but at the end of the day I remember I was able to finish and at a good time. This year I hope to have learned from my 2009 first marathon and not only improve on my shortcomings but build on this and improve my time. My goal is 3:59:59 and with the right training and diet I can do it.
The first goal is going to be the 3M Half marathon and my goal is going to be around 1:50 or less. Anything under 1:53 I would be happy with. For now, the training has begun and looking forward to seeing what I can do this year.
So, Monday started with a 3 miiler and I ran inside where I will be doing most of my weekly runs. As I run on the treadmill I am running at an incline and increase and reduce my speed. Today was my 5 miler and so I was able to pick up the pace at the end to finish in 46:00 minute exactly. Outside I should be under 43 minutes as running at an incline greatly makes it more challenging and I am not able to go as fast.
Today at lunch I will be going back to the gym for Weight training. My training with weights will be 2-3 days per week. In addition to weight training I will be riding my bike at least 2X per week, swimming and doing Hot yoga once a week.
Hoping to be able to knock out my workouts in teh AM and then 3-4 days per week doubling up. the road is long, but if I want to accomplish my Goal I need to be focused and locked in.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment