Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The long Road, another task accomplished.


I can remember 7th Grade, going out for Football. We were tasked with warming up by running two laps around the track which is less than 800 Meters. I remember I felt like it was the hardest thing I had ever done and was lucky to finish the first lap. I remember I used to think how awesome it would be to be able to run the whole two laps.

Times have changed, and sometimes you have a mental block you need to get over. My mental block back then was finishing the two laps.


As time has gone by I have ran a lot more than those two laps, but there has been a mental block when I run, how fast can I really go? My goal this year was to complete the 3M marathon in under 2:00 hours. I did not think I could do it eventhough my conditioning told me I could. I went for it on January 25th and I knocked it out the park.


All I wanted to do was finish in under 2:00 hours, and when I had one mile to go, I need to finish it within 13 minutes which is relatively easy. As I got closer and closer to the end, I knew I had done it so I took it all in and felt as if I was in a parade. The excitement and accomplishment was incredible. My training has changed and I have been able to get faster and increase my stamina. Next goal for 2010 is a few Triathalons and then I am going to finish the year off with either the NYC marathon or the Chicago Marathon... I am shooting for a time of about 4:00 hours. Lets see what happens, this is not two laps around the track, but pretty close mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment