Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The next Challenge..

Dreams become a goal when you write them down, and then a reality when you sign up for something.  Today I signed up for my first Olympic Distance Triathlon and so the training shall begin or continue, and so come the early mornings, late nights, and passing on the beer and chips and trading in for oatmeal, brown Rice, egg whites, etc.  my stomach has been in knots all day, but this is something I need to do for myself. 
For my training I will follow the training I have read in the book, the Time crunched Triathlete which is a wonderful book.  The training is simplistic, short but tough.  Nothing easy about the training, but only train 3 days per week or up to 8 hours. 
My biggest worry is going to be the swim, never have i swam 1500 meters, or especially in open water.  The 1 mile swim has only been something I have done 2-3 times, but two years ago.  Fortunately for me, the running and biking are in check so will just need to build on what I have in the tank now and take it from there.  There are many morning, lunch and late swims in my future.  Really interested to see what the training can do for me. 
My ultimate goal is to complete my first full ironman within a year.... It all starts somewhere and that time is now.

Workout #1
AM-3 Mile run, 75%-85% HR
Gym-
2X
1A) Deadlift-135lbs 10X
1B) Row 2 minutes 500 meters

2A) Snatch and press 2X95X10
2B) Pull ups 10X


3A) DB Curls  1) 55X6, 2) 60X4
3B) Dips

Knee Tucks

**Bike-Level 25 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment