Monday, November 9, 2009

The Final Stretch..

After 17 1/2 weeks of training, it is finally here. My first Marathon is this weekend at the ATT Rock N Roll marathon.. Yes, a full 26.2 miles are in my future on Monday. I am very nervous yet anxious to get this one under my belt. This will be the farthest and longest I will have ever run. Previously our training had us doing a 20 mile run and after the 20 miles I could not feel my legs, so I am looking forward to seeing what happens on Sunday. I definitely see an "Ice bath" after the race.
The road has been long and tough in training for this milestone. There were many many nights and mornings I did not want to get up or go run. Many nights I wanted to simply quit my training, but I fought through it all. It is amazing what you can accomplish with the proper training and nutrition. Lets see what happens this weekend.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment